Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

Rainy Day

They told me
To face it
But I refused.
I refused to face the fact that
The fact that life is not
And will never be
A bed of roses.

I thought and thinked
That cos I was born
With a silver spoon stuck in my mouth
And I had it all going rosy and cosy
For me, it will all be like that
For ever...albeit for life...ages to come.
I had everything at my beck and call
Servants and others attending my needs.
At school,
I was the toast of every eye
Not cos I was extraordinary at the books
But cos the dough was there
To throw, toss and fling around
And in faces
To get only what it can't get
Which is ... Nothing!
Teachers loved me
Lecturers knew me
Pupils liked me
Students hailed me
Even cultists revered and respected me
Cos the cash was there to control
As I want to... (to be cont'd)

No comments:

Post a Comment