Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

A Deathly Conversation 2

Then I began living my life
As it was before his visit
But only on the threshold of his promise.
Day after day
I was expecting his messenger,
Warning, servant, informer,
Anything to serve as a sign
But none came!

Then on a warm
Bright and Sunny day,
He came again himself.
This time I wasn't shocked
But I was surprised because
I was expecting his messenger(s)
Before his promised visit!
But on after thought,
I thought that having
No servant or messenger
He had come to warn me
And give me the appointed date
Of my departure
From the surface of this earthly world!

Welcome friend. Said me.
I am a friend and an enemy
Depending on
Who you are
And what you do. Said he.
Have you come to warn me?
No, replied he.
Then why have you come this time?
I have come to make you history. He replied.
But you promised to send
Your warnings and messengers
To me
Before the appointed time. Argued me.
I did. He said
Did you not see them? He asked his first query.
I did not.
I sent them and they
Are still with you.

I looked around me
Seeing nothing
Nobody
I whined, Where are they?
They are here on and with you.
He said compounding my predicament.
I shouted, What or who are they?
I cannot see them. I continued.
He looked at me
Then said,
They came to you a long time ago,
Confused, I said Where are they now?

To be cont'd

No comments:

Post a Comment