Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

I Believe in Love

I never believed in it
I always make jest
Of those who have fallen victim
To the whims and caprices
Of this being called love.

You are unwise
How could you fall
Into something with your eyes
Wide open. So said I
To them
When they come narrating
To me the way they burned
With desire to see their
Loved ones. Or can I say
The very soul they love!

Until I fell victim myself
I do at times question
Myself that..
How on earth could
One individual hold another
Like him/herself to ransom
With his/her charms and good looks
Flawless smiles and effervescent lifestyle
Delicate walking steps
And angelic voice
Which melts even the hardest of rocks
In the heart of any man!
The only reply I could give
To my worthless self is that...
It is the work
Of this creature called love!

When I discovered that I
Had been a living dead,
When I knew that my life
Had been excellently meaningless,
When I came to the fact
That I am but a lonely and solitary recluse,
When I woke up to the reality that I
Had been dreaming in a deep trance,
When I had known that there
Is a gaping vacuum in my life
That needs to be filled,
I believed in this thing called love!

Then came my experience
In its hands
It swept me totally unaware
Off my thoughtfully solid feet!
It made me feel as if I
Am in the highest of heavens.
At the same time
Conversing in the deepest depth of hells!
It tortures my unyielding heart
Burns my ravished soul
At the same time
Nurturing the wound it created
In the gulf of my very being!
Then I believed
In this being called love!

My love come to me
Do not leave me to myself
Even for the tiniest of seconds!
This that I suffer on your account
Is unaccountable.
Were it to be accounted for
To whom do I give its account?
Whoever, whenever, wherever,
Whoever and whomever sees
And knows where
The love of my life is
Tell her to come running along
To me cos
It's killing me softly
It's shouting quietly to me
Inside and outside.
And I am
No longer at ease
Because my world is fastly
But slowly falling apart.

(To be cont'd)

No comments:

Post a Comment