Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

Dilemma

Presently as I sit on this seat,
A shadow or say a flash
Of thought ran through my dark mind.
Talk of my mind,
Be it dark or say black
Or be it white or say light
I know not.
But just a feeling that
It is just dark in there!!!

Back to my thought,
The thought was a flash in the pan.
A flashback to the turbulent days
Of my growing up
With the father depositing me
In the mother,
With the mother carrying me
For months, countable though.
The birth with its attendant pain.
The crying and weeping of the mother,
Cos I was uncomfortable,
Cos I was wailing,
Cos I was wincing in pain
And she could not decipher
Which was from which was not,
Maybe, maybe not,
But All is that I winced a lot!!!

Then the trouble of crawling
Sitting at a spot for months,
Teething trouble times came
I and she was there together.
Father? Little did he appear
In the picture. He just comes on and off
Like a flailing candle.
A flailing candle in the wind he was,
Yet under the same roof we lived!!
I began stuttering
Then at last! I toddled
Then walked, ran about
With my two bow-legged feet
Yet she was there all through it.
Smiling, shouting, shying,
Weeping, wailing, wincing,
Crying, quarelling, fighting
And beating people or at people
For my sake, for me, when necessary!
Oh, my Mum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment