Translate

Monday 11 November 2013

Ade's Chronicle 15

Ade’s Chronicle 15

Rotimi and I were shocked beyond words as those words hit our ears. But surprisingly, the other teachers were not. It seems they all knew all along that there were such girls in the school. But these girls to me are not what they think they are. They are not lesbians because if they are, they would not be running around looking for men who would ‘service’ them.

I was left with the option of either educating them on what they think they were and what they really are. I could leave them in the mirage of thinking they were lesbians and I could tell them the truth about themselves. After a while, I decided to lecture the three of them on what they are even if they would still require me ‘servicing’ them. No problem, we would go along with it when the two other friends are around. No wonder Bimbo and Bola always go around the school and even the toilet together.

I looked at Rotimi and saw fear, despair and anxiety written all over his face. Disbelief made him open his mouth like the dirty linens of a mad man. He was simply perplexed by what he had heard. He could not imagine that he had just heard from a girl he had been sleeping with for close to three months that she was a lesbian.

I left my seat and closed the gap between us and brought him to his seat. Then I said to him:

“Ol boy ye, no be wetin you dey think o. These girls no know the meaning of wetin dem dey do. Dem no be les jare. Dem just dey hear say any girl wet dey do am with im fellow girl n aim dem dey call les. Forget that side and face the akpako wey you dey knack cos me I go soon join you for the knocking ceremony o. Some people go show now wey go shock you. Forget that side make we dey reign go jor.”

My words seem to bring a little life into his eyes as I saw some sparks of life in them. He looked at me and asked if I was saying the truth. I also asked if I had ever lied to him. He said I hadn’t so I told him to wait and watch as events unfold there and while I also thrash out the issue with the girls.

Bunmi was still smiling where she sat. She had seen the look of horror on Rotimi’s face but she was not privy to the little chat we had because we had talked in low tones. I saw a relieved look on her face as she saw that the look on Rotimi’s face had changed. It was evident that behind the initial smile was a fear of losing Rotimi. Another confirmation that she wasn’t a lesbian though she had been sleeping with girls.

I walked back quickly to my seat beside Bunmi. I looked around the staffroom to see that it had not changed and that everybody was still minding his business. What Bunmi had said was not new to them.

As soon as I got to my seat, I was ready to find out how the three of them got entangled in the web of bisexualism and who the other players were. I was barely seated when I heard the sound s of footsteps. I was unconcerned at first but the tap on my lap made me look up to see the other parts of the trio walk in.

Bola and Bimbo were clad in tight fitting uniform. The uniform was made up of a striped yellow shirt for the male and blouse for the female over navy blue trousers for male and skirts for the female. Their uniform that day was what I loved to call eye popping. Their blouses were tight and it revealed all the shapes and curves they were gifted with. Their skirts were no better. It was above the knee and cut in a way that the parting cut at the back of the skirt formed a crevice through which what was under the skirt could be seen. The school gave the students a free hand to sew their uniforms from home unlike their contemporaries in the business. What they do is sell the clothes to them while the students sew from home; hence it was not uncommon to see such kinds of crazy uniforms among the male students and provocative dressing among the females.

I looked at them as they progressed confidently towards where we sat. They looked questioningly into Bunmi’s eyes and she in turn nodded towards me. I pretended as if I did not see their exchange and asked them why they were there. In the recesses of my mind, I knew there was no break for all of us which was unknown to them. They had come to receive the reply to their proposal but they would have their notions changed. I would do what they want, but I have to let them know that they are not what they think they are.

Bimbo and Bola looked at each other confusedly, then, they looked again at Bunmi. The trio was evidently confused. For the first time that day, the smile on Bunmi’s face disappeared. Her friends were thinking that she had not said anything and she was wondering what I was trying to do. She had never seen it coming. I gave myself an inner pat on the back for a pretence well done. Now that I had shocked them, I needed to consolidate and then began the second stage.

 Rotimi was looking on from his seat. I signalled to him to come over since I needed him to hear the proposal that was tabled before me. When he came around, I opened my lips to talk.

“Bola and Bimbo, to what do I owe this august visit? It seems you want to come and say hi to your teacher. But I didn’t invite you. Did I?” I asked obviously tormenting them.

“No sir. You didn’t invite us. But...” They chorused. Then stopped because they wanted one of them to talk probably Bimbo but she doesn’t know where to start from. I sighted that but did as if I did not because the ‘but’ in their reply was hardly audible.

“Okay, since you have come to visit me, you can have your seat. Bring that seat over there and sit here.” I said pointing to Rotimi’s chair. Rotimi was seating on my table since Bunmi and I were sitting on my chair and there was hardly room for an extra pair of bums. While they were gone, Bunmi still looked puzzled at me but did not know what to say to me.

They returned with the chair and I asked them to place it opposite my table and seat themselves comfortably but after sitting, they were still uncomfortable.

After they had been seated, I told Bunmi to move over to their side and seat with them. Rotimi moved from the table to my side on the chair. He had still not talked all along. He was watching the drama unfolding before his eyes. He knew I was in control. The girls were murmuring among themselves as they asked Bunmi who was as confused as they were. I left them to talk for close to five minutes then I cleared my voice.

“Hmmmmm! Hmmmmm!!”

They were all alerted and looked up as my voice hit their ears....

© Yettocome™ 2013


4 comments:

  1. hmmm, spoilt student. rotimi and his friend are not goin to get out of this web easily. pls when is d next episode coming up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmn. . .
    My boss dishing out the food of the Mind. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D Pioneer, you are welcome sir. Just wait and see...

      Delete