Translate

Monday 4 November 2013

Ade's Chronicle 11

Ade’s Chronicle 11

The second term of the school calendar soon began and work started in earnest. The amorous affair between Rotimi and Bunmi was blossoming by the day as they both played by the rules of their engagement. They never showed any sign of activity in school, at least that was to the best of my knowledge. Immediately school closed for the day, Bunmi will come to our house for a dose of her medicine. She never missed it. She also told her parents that she needed to take up extra coaching classes in the subjects we taught. That was her excuse for coming to our house on a daily basis. So, immediately she comes in, I take my time to teach her my own subject and after I had concluded my part, Rotimi takes it up from there, teaching her both Economics and more.

I also went about my duties in the school conscientiously till a particular day when I was teaching the S. S. S two class, Bunmi signalled to me that I should come. I went to her seat only for her to give me a crumpled note that said:

Sir, I would like to tell you something after the class. It’s urgent and can’t wait till we get home. To ease your mind, it’s nothing much and sir Rotimi is not aware.

I looked up from the note and looked at her. There was a smile on her face telling me that she knew what she was doing. I was baffled but I know I can’t let that disrupt my class. I continued my lectures and after the class did as if I had forgotten about the note. I left their class and headed for the staff room only to hear a voice calling me. It was Bunmi. I waited till she caught up with me on the pathway leading the S.S.S two classes to the S.S.S three classes.

“Good afternoon sir.” She had greeted.
“Good afternoon Bunmi. How are you this afternoon?” I asked seeming to control my anxious self.
“I am fine sir as you can see and thank you for the class today. I really got it sir.” She replied smiling.

I was a little apprehensive but I know I can’t let it show. Barrages of questions were flowing through my mind as to why she wanted to see me.
“That is my job and it’s what I am paid to do. Moreover, it’s why you are in school; To learn new things.” I offered.

Then she went to why she had written the note.
“Sir, I said I wanted to see you after the class. But it seems that you have forgotten that’s why I ran after you. I am sorry if I caused you any anxiety.” She pleaded.
“No problem. I have even forgotten about it. But thanks for the reminder. Since you said it was urgent. Shoot it out and lemme hear it.” I said my heart palpating madly.

She cleared her throat and looked straight into my face, she had been looking either on the ground or at the nearby trees before.
“Sir, I noticed that you have no girlfriends like your friend, sir Rotimi. By girlfriend, I mean a small young girl like how I am to your friend. I also know that you have a fiancée but I think you need someone to ease out tension at times. There are a lot of young girls like me around who want to catch fun at no expense to you, rather they will expend their funds to make it work sir. So, I think you need someone soonest.” She said to me without batting an eyelid and my mouth is left open. What effrontery!

I just looked on as if I was star struck, or rather shell shocked. I would have welcomed it but I know that she has something on her sleeves and would robe me in sooner or later but not this soon. She had caught me unawares.

© Yettocome™ 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment