Translate

Friday 15 November 2013

The Heartbreaker

The Heartbreaker
You left me
Left me by myself
With lots of pain in my heart.
Every time, every day, every night, every...
 I reminisce about your leaving
I remember you walking down the hall
In breakage of your promise
To walk with me down the aisle

Then it was my fault
I think on remembering.
But come to think of it,
Is it my fault? Or was it my fault?
I could remember that
I met you in my times of plenty
When life was good to me
When life gave me abundance of rain
When all pointed me in the reign.
You attracted me with your beautiful
Flawless face, perfect body and straight legs.
I came running to you with my proposal.
You taunted me for a while
Two months, I think, more or less
It matters not, what matters was that
At the end of the wait,
You said, ‘Ay’ to me which
To me was a joyous thing cos, were it a year,
I was ready to wait since you were
Worth every moment of the wait.

That was the beginning of our journey
Of romance so blissful.
We chatted, talked, gisted, discussed
Everything in the world. Including our life
After we would have tied the nuptial knots.
As introverted as I was,
You brought out the latent traits
That were hidden in me.
You taught me how to love which made me
Jettison all the warnings, hearsays, rumours
And accusations by friends and family alike
That you were with me for the honey
Which life gave to me in my hive.
I told them off and backed you in all.
Everything you said I believed,
So, where did I go wrong?

You were so angel like
That I was blind to your faults
You preferred the eatery to the kitchen
You never drank pure water cos
You always fell in love with Eva water.
You loved the dry cleaner more than hand washing,
You loved the cinema more than our TeeVee and video.
You loved shopping at the Palms Mall
On the Island rather than going to Oke Aarin
You were never in love with public transport
Chattered rides free of stress was your likeness.

All the bills I bore complainlessly
Since I believed that nothing is too
Much and small for the love of my life.
Moreover, the dough is there
So, why hold back in spending it!!!

Then life came with thorns
In place of the roses I had. It gave me galls
Rather than the honey. The bees refused
To excrete honey. The hive got dried up.

It all started with an unwise dealing
On my part in my line of business.
I was dealt a cruel card to play.
And since I tried reshuffling the deck
To no avail and since all the cards I picked
Are tainted with blackness, I resigned to fate,
And started popping the business corn
Which the business world had thrown in my
Popcorn machine lest it got burnt. All these
You were aware of as I hid nothing
From you, so you were aware
Aware that life that was rosy had now
Become sour. Then, it came crashing down.
Your behaviour changed, your love for me
Became gradually worn out. It became like,
Then dislike, then hatred, then despise!!!

All praises disappeared. Blames replaced
The show of love. I now became the black
Sheep to you and not the cynosure of your eyes.
The golden egg that was once laid
By the golden hen were both forgotten by you
Then you tied me to the tree of yew.
Now that both the egg and the hen have
Become broken and dead, you chose the
Easiest one of many options in life
That is facing the exit door!!!

I still can’t believe that the love of my life
Has left me. The space you left in my heart
Has made me ill and sick. My once whole
And healthy heart you shattered mercilessly.
Then I remembered what my family and friends
Told me about you.
That you were in love with my money
And never with me.
Such a sorry case for me!!!

Thank God!!!
Thank God that I am getting over
With the heartbreak you inflicted on me
Thank God that I am getting back on my feet.
Life is giving me back my rose
Life is now dealing me favourable cards
Life has reshuffled the deck in my favour.
Life has made my efforts yield results.
But you are not here to witness it
Not there to witness my rise once again.
But still,
Anytime I hear footsteps down the hall,
I remember you leaving me
For good and for life!!!

CLOSURE... A SONNET

Though my heart by you was broken
Grateful will I always be for the token
Of love and life you into my life brought
And of the care and attention you wrought
On me. These I resolved can only be sought
Out and I intend to find, since it can’t be bought
With all the currencies I just came about.
Needed not is the help of a marabout
But the prayers of the saint
That reside in places that is without taint.
And eat and drink that which is holy and clean
And not that which with filth is fat or lean!

Oh Lord my God!!! You I beseech fervently
To make whole again my broken heart perfectly!

© Yettocome™ 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment