Translate

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Ade's Chronicle 16

Ade’s Chronicle 16

“You are all welcome to our staffroom. On behalf of myself and Rotimi, your Economics teacher, I say thank you for taking time out to visit us in this our small cubicle.” I said grinning ear to ear.

They were obviously puzzled as it was written all over their faces. They wanted to mask it with the smile they pasted on their faces but it was not possible for them to do. I looked at them and remembered the saying that “If a child claims to have as many clothes as an elder, he can never have as much rags as that elder.” They had earlier had me sweating through my butts, here am I playing the return leg and winning convincingly and leaving them no room to plan any defence strategy.

They all replied, “Thank you sir.”

I thought of what next to do, I was thinking either to continue with the suspense or bail them out and let go of it all. The time on my hands was not too much. Also, if I let them go that day, Bunmi would tell them all that happened and they would come back with a better plan and that would not give me the opportunity to correct the wrong notion they had about themselves.

I chose the former and decided to end it once and for all. I cleared my throat once again and looked at them. They looked askance as their eyes were fixed on I and Rotimi. Rotimi on his part was just enjoying the show.

“Bunmi, don’t look at me as if I am a devil. Relax and breathe in and out. Bimbo, why are you looking as if you have seen a ghost? You Bola, you are thinking that why have you come here. I know what the three of you are thinking. Relax and be merry. Should I get you refreshment before we proceed?” I asked.

“No, thank you sir.” They replied.

I knew they would not accent to my proposal but I said it to lighten their moods. It worked. The three of them loosened up within a minute then I proceeded to the business of the day.

“Bimbo and Bola don’t be scared. Bunmi told me all that you had sent her. She is your good friend and she tried all her best to convince me. She even threatened as the three of you had planned. But she told me something that I need to enlighten you all on.” I paused for effect. By then, they had loosened up completely and had returned to their buoyant selves. They looked at one another and smiled. Bunmi had the ‘didn’t I tell you look’ on her face. The other two had the ‘you said it’ look on their faces. The three had heaved a sigh of relief and believed that the game is now going back to what they wanted it to be. They were correct. They only needed to hear what I have to say and if they liked they can change their lives or still continue with their acts.

“Sir,” that was Bimbo. “You really scared us. We did not know where to begin from. We had thought that we should just get here and get our reply and walk out with you for lunch. But we would listen to what you have to say. But sir is our answer positive or negative?” She queried.

I knew if I told them the reply then, the rest would make no sense to them. So I said, “You will receive your reply before leaving this room.”

“We are all ears,” They chorused.  

It was obvious that Rotimi could not believe that these two girls had taken a likening to me. They had even planned it among themselves to send their friend to talk me into becoming their ‘servicer’. Rotimi looked from the girls to me and said, “Olboy ye, you mean say before I enter this cabal, this girl,” pointing to Bunmi, “don come word you on top say make you dey knack im two friends akpako?” I nodded in response and he shook his head in disbelief. I smiled knowing that he was not aware that his girl was even fantasised about sleeping with me...

© Yettocome™ 2013


1 comment:

  1. Nice work, but is this the end of the story?

    ReplyDelete