Translate

Monday 18 November 2013

Put the Blames on Me

Put the Blame on Me

                                                I
I have failed to scale
The hurdles placed before me
Rather all of them I fell.
Please put the blames on me!
                                II
I was made a leader
By the people who conscientiously followed me
To the best of ability and capability
But I failed woefully, them
And their faith highly placed in me I dashed.
So I have to say that you should
Please, put the blame on me!

                                III
Their trusts I betrayed
Their money I gulped
I used for my personal desires.
Their resources I squandered
To build empires for myself.
Indeed, I have failed them, therefore
Please put the blames on me!

                                IV
Their sufferings I increased
Their pleas I turned deaf ears to
Their cries of pain I neglected.
The devil in me keep crying
For the ill wealth I am gathering.
So for all these, people,
Please put the blames on me!

                                V
Insatiable is my lust for wealth
China, Russia, England, America,
India, Germany, are among the
Countries where the tax payer’s money
I looted from my people’s treasury are kept by me
For my personal and family use
Thinking it is wealth that is the
Lasting legacy to leave for children. But
Please put the blames on me!

                                VI
Their roads are in a very
Sad and highly deplorable state.
They are subjected to accidents
On a daily basis because
Of my appointments. Therefore
Put the blames on me!

                                VII
I appointed people who are my cohorts, since
They want to achieve their personal aims
They never question my decisions
Contracts I to them give
Whether execution takes place or not
I care less. In as much as I
Can get the ones to fill my accounts foreign.
As a result, they continue to
Suffer the masses whose money
It is we continue to eat.
Please put the blames on me!

                                VIII
The lawmakers by them elected
Are but crooks as we in the executive
They bring laws that will implicate the masses
And put so much coin in their pockets.
They to the banks daily smile
While the masses hardly a bank account have.
When I even try to execute little
People-friendly projects, they request
For ridiculously high amounts of money
Before the bill is passed, hence, because of
My own personal benefit and since the money
Isn’t mine, I give to them.
The project bill passed,
I take my share of the total
Assigned expenditure for the project
And to the minister in charge the rest I pass
Who his share also takes and the rest he sends
To pay the quack contractors who
In turn execute the contract
In a haphazard manner.
The brunt is borne by who?
The tax-paying masses!!!
Again for all these, I say
Please, put the blames on me!

                                                IX. The Closure... A Sonnet

Oh Lord, God of Creation,
From You I seek lots of serious forgiveness
For the atrocities I committed in my nation
For I have but ruled them with passiveness.
Though my inequities be as high as the mountain
Lord, I pray you help reduce them to rubbles.
Let me be as fresh as water from the fountain
And make the goods I do, come up in their doubles.
The people I erred against, I
Have apologised and begged to forgive
Me, and forgive have they with tears in my eye
To them, all rights due, I have to give.

Though my crimes be as much as the sea,
They should please put the blames on me!!!


© Yettocome™ 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment