Translate

Monday 18 November 2013

The Scapegoat

The Scapegoat

Many a crime have I committed
Many a people have I offended
Many a soul have I hurt.
But here I am to surrender.

I go from person to person
From soul to soul
From house to house
And from place to place
Confessing my crimes
From the littlest
To the heaviest of them.
But no soul is ready to accept me
“We have forgiven you
At the same time
We have learnt to forget you.” Said they.

Now here I am, a loner
So lonely am I that
Incomparable is the lonely well in a desert,
Giving water to a passerby once in a year.

Though my sins might seem unforgivable,
I am truly and fully repentant
But were it you,
Will you forgive a cruel soul
That came to claim your heartful love
His sweetened tongue chanting and singing love tunes
In your love-famished ears.
Only for him to shatter your fragile heart
As a Chinaware dropped from a high mountain.
I ask once more
Will you forgive him?
If you do won’t you forget him?

But again if he comes
Running along, repentance written
In bold letters on his face and
Sorry, smelling all over him as a perfume,
Begging to be taken back into your life.
Will you take and accept him back?
Your answer is what I got?

Though some others in my shoes might be lucky
But unlucky was I
Cos none was ready to take me back.
And truly sorry was I.

As I was planning on how to end it all
Something told me
To make one last attemptful effort
In my quest to find love and peace again...

Thus I did,
And lo and behold, I found her!

She was the last person I ever thought of
My escapades though she had heard of
Warnings she had received from those I had hurt
To avoid the vicinities of this beast so heartless.
But here is she with me
Nurturing my wound but repentant heart.

I am determined and resolute
To keep her to myself and myself alone
Not to let her out of my sight
Nor out of my softly firm grip
Lest I might go, back to square one
And cursed be I
If I let that happen again.
Rejoice with me for my heartthrob have I found!

She had also been treated
Though by other men like my former self.
She had been so bruised and battered
By men of evil intent and incarnation
That she had resorted and resigned
To an untimely fate of being unlucky in love.
So cruel were they
That each time one came along
Her body is but the ultimate price
After which he immediately packs up
And go the way of his equally cruel predecessors.
When by her I was told these
I knew nemesis had caught up with me
I was being paid back in my own coin!

But despite these,
I will forever and ever love and cherish her
For when I was cast out and rejected
She cast me in and provided me with warmth.
Ours is but a perfect match!

So dear beloved angel,
Saviour and acceptor of my renewed heart
The one on whose shoulder I cry
Come along and be my wife
My pillar, my support, my everything.
Because you love me honey,
I am ready to be your scapegoat.
The one to bear all the anger
The blames, the punishments, the hurts
The brunt of the pains caused you
By the men of the bad intentions gone by.
Who had caused your large heart to bleed.
Take my hand, my love
Stay with me and
 If you need anyone to blame for
Those things that had happened to you
Love, heap the blames on me!

Just leave me not,
Hurt me not, despise me not,
You alone are the love of my life
My angel, guard, light and destiny.

But remember, I will forever be...
Your Scapegoat!!!


© Yettocome™ 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment