Translate

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Ade's Chronicle 17

Ade’s Chronicle 17

Rotimi being surprised is not a new thing. When he is surprised, he could be tensed but in this situation, he was not. He has a penchant for talking about you as if you are not there.  As he was talking, the girls who were also familiar with the Pidgin English knew he was talking about them and as such they looked askance. They did not know what his reaction would be. But I already knew it. He was happy that we would rock things together with the girls.

I looked at the girls and began my lecture

“Bunmi told me that you girls are lesbians. Is it true?” I asked another JAMB question.

The two other girls nodded in the affirmative. Then I knew that they were all in the act and that they were not in the true know of what they actually were. The look on their face even showed that they were proud of what they think they were.

“The three of you are not lesbians.” I said and watched the reactions on their faces. I got what I expected. They all looked up and into my eyes with utter disbelief.

I continued, “Yes, you are not lesbians. I will tell you why you are not lesbians. Lesbians only sleep with their fellow women. They hate the male gender and want nothing to do with them. They get married to their fellow females. They naturally are seen together and do not depend on the male for anything. They believe that only a woman can satisfy a woman sexually. They believe the male are oppressors and even oppress women when it comes to sex, so they hate to sleep with men.”

I paused to look at the effect of my word and saw that I had caused a storm in their brains. They knew that they had none of the features I described above. They all depended on the male folks for one thing or the other.

“Or is there any of you here that hates a man and will not like to have anything to do with a man?” I asked them. They still looked astonished with what they had just heard.

Rotimi was wishing to hear the affirmative. I could guess that from the way he anxiously looked from one girl to the other two and then finally fixing his gaze on his object of interest—Bunmi.

“No sir, we all love men and can never hate them. We would love to get married one day but not to our fellow women.” Bimbo said after looking into the eyes of the other two and they had given her the go ahead to speak.

“That means that you girls accept that you are not lesbians.” I remarked and they nodded.

Then Bola said, “Sir if we are not lesbians, then what are we? We sleep with one another almost on a daily basis. We do threesomes most of the time. We thought a girl sleeping with girls is called lesbianism, but you said we are wrong. Sir, what are we?”

I smiled. She had confirmed a part of what I wanted to know—that the three of them sleep together and they do it almost daily.

“What you are and do is called bisexualism. It is when a boy or girl sleeps with his or her fellow boy or girl and still sleeps with members of the opposite sex. In your case, you have sex with one another and you still have boyfriends who do you well and satisfy you. So, you are not lesbians, you are just bisexuals.” I enlightened them.

A look of relief was awash on their faces as I ended the statement and they heaved a sigh of relief.

By then, the staffroom was as silent as a graveyard because the other teachers had left the room and we were the only parties left to our business.

Rotimi looked at me and smiled. I knew he was wondering how I got to know so much about the issue at hand. I had never let him into my store of knowledge about sex and sexuality.

The girls were pleased with what they had heard and wanted their reply so that they can go for their break and as well plan on how my rendezvous with Bimbo and Bola would start in earnest. But I was far from being through with them.

I had been able to change their mentality from thinking of themselves as lesbians and making them know what they were. I still needed to know how and who taught them the act of bisexuality.

These girls, from my observation did not stumble upon the act. Someone had taught them. I needed to know. My decision had been that I would ask them and if they refused, I would tell them to go and that I would have nothing to do with them. They can go ahead and carry out their threats.

Something had told me that with the kind of influence I wield over those girls, they would tell me. They wanted to satisfy their curiosity of sleeping with the only remaining teacher in the school. I was a hot cake.

“Sir, thank you for the explanation you gave us. We are very grateful. Sir, can we have the reply now so that we can go for our break?” Bola spoke.

She had spoken sparingly since they came into the room. I looked at them and smiled.

“You can’t get your reply now. There is one question you need to answer. If not;, your answer will be no and then I would have nothing to do with you. Then you can always carry out your threat and I will be waiting for you outside there. Just answer and let’s all enjoy it for as long as we can.” I replied throwing them into another session of thoughtfulness.

“Sir, what is the question? We promise to answer it truthfully.” Bunmi, they ever vocal of the three, offered.

“My question is simple. Who taught you the act of sleeping with one another?” I dropped the bombshell.

The three of them looked shocked. They looked from one to the other then to Rotimi and to me. They had not expected my question. I had caught them off guard...


© Yettocome™ 2013



1 comment:

  1. another suspension of thought.
    U're a genius sir

    ReplyDelete