Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

Rainy Day 5

Friends were nice to me
Foes were happy.
Foes? Do I have? Yes, I have had
But let me tell you,
It wasn't easy
But friends consoled and helped me
Helped me adjust to the new life.
The new life of responsibility
The new life of not-eating-all-you-have
The new life of hardship
Hardship?... To me it was hardship
Or do you opine otherwise?

The pay was increased
And I began to save
Save more than I spend cos
I realised before it became too late
I realised while I was still young
That the rainy day is for real.
It could rain on you anytime,
Anyday, anywhere, anyhow, even, anywhat!!!
I realised that savings help your life
Betters your lot and cushions your fall.
My parents didn't save enough
They depended on loans.
So the cushion wasn't there when they fell...(2 b cont'd)

No comments:

Post a Comment