Translate

Thursday 15 August 2013

A Deathly Conversation

I was sitting in my room
When suddenly I saw him
Standing fearlessly in front of me!
Inquisitivity got the better of me!

Who are you? I asked
I am called Death. Said he.
I was surprised and confused
Is this the death about which much
I have heard
Then I thought that the hour
Has come for me to leave.
But before I leave
I will teach the world a little
About this real entity!

What have you come to do here?
I have come to pay you a visit
Does that mean you are taking me with you?
No, not today. Said he.
Then do you visit people like this?
No, I visit people only to take their lives.
Why are you not taking me now, then?
Cos I want you to teach the world a little more.
Then when are you coming to take me? Asked I
I don't know yet. Said he
Why? Asked I
It is what your Lord says that I do. Replied Death.
Then I have a request to make. Intoned I.
Say it and it is granted, replied he.
Please warn me before I become taken by you.
Is that all? He asked his first question.
Yes, just a warning to aid my readiness. Said I.
It is granted.
I promise to warn you before time.
That said, he went as he came.


... To be cont'd

No comments:

Post a Comment