Translate

Monday 28 October 2013

Ade's Chronicle 9

Ade's Chronicle 9

October 27, 2013 at 5:55pm
I was in a land where all pains and suffering ceased to exist. I was in the arms of a loving wife and my kids were running around gleefully. I was reclining in a lovely arm-chair in a garden with sweet smelling flowers when a thud on my back woke me.
It was Rotimi who had slapped me on the back and brought me out of my dream. I opened my sleep-befuddled eyes to see him smiling pleadingly at me with his eyes. Beside him was his 'partner-in-crime', Bunmi. Her hair was an evidence that she had not had it easy with him- it was dishevelled. Her eyes were also smiling hungrily as they met mine. She was breathing as one who had just ran a five thousand metres race. They had just completed a round.... Good for them?

I got up from the bed, rubbed my eyes with my palms to clear the sleep out of it and faced Rotimi.
''Why did you come to disturb my beauty dream now?'' I said in formal English which we used when the matter was serious. I had feigned the seriousness. Rotimi apologised profusely and said, ''Ol boy, na hunger o! E wan kill me o, my belle don empty o.'' I looked at him and was about to laugh but he did not mind me, he continued ranting.
''Bunmi sef dey shout hungry o! She say her belle don empty so na im we say make we come see if you leave anything for us.'' He concluded giving me room to reply.
''Una don look kitchen?'' I asked them.
''We never look there o. We just enter come wake you straight. Bro, no vex for us eh.'' He said again.
I was not angry at all, I was rather happy to be privileged to have a first-hand sight of how they looked after their sexual exploits-the first round though.
''Eba dey kitchen. Meke Bunmi carry soup for pot make all of us chop am together. Una don make me hungry. I carry heunger go bed ni o.'' I said as a sharp guy. I had begun to feel a little hunger so I used the opportunity to share in the largesse they were about to enjoy.

They went into the kitchen to bring out the food. Rotimi carried the Eba while Bunmi took the soup. They set down the food then she spoke for the first time since they came in from their romp complaining of hunger.
''Sir Ade, we are sorry for making you go to bed in hunger and wake you up again in the middle of the night.'' She had said.
''How did you send me to bed hungry?'' I asked.
''You didn't eat before sleeping now, or did you eat?'' She replied.
''I didn't but I could have eaten so you weren't responsible for it. So please, don't be sorry.'' I admonished.

Rotimi came in with the hand washing water and we washed our hands and attacked the meal with all gusto. It was evident that they were hungry as Rotimi never cared that Bunmi was there and Bunmi herself never cared about us. She was eating like she was under a spell. I had to soft pedal for them to eat their fill so I took small morsels at long intervals.

After nothing of the food remained in the bowl, they heaved a huge sigh and both said ''Thank you.'' We all packed the plates to the kitchen and took turns to wash our hands the previous water having become very dirty. Bunmi offered to do the dishes and nobody objected.
In no time, she was through, then she joined us in the room where Rotimi and I were chatting. She went straight to him and sat on his laps. There was nothing more to be shy of anymore, was there?

I faced the wall on the bed I was lying on so that I won't cause myself unnecessary 'agro'. The time was 1:26 a.m and sleep was not forthcoming so I decided to log into a popular online forum I had just joined, Nairaland. I was reading a story written by a member called Yettocome. The title was 'Life's Symphony' and I had been captivated by the story. I logged in and began reading the next episode of the story.

By the time I was through reading the episode that talked about how the main character had lost his childhood lover and travelled to Lagos, it was almost three in the morning.
I turned to find the chair empty. Rotimi and Bunmi had left again for the balcony and I was not aware. 'No problem, it's their time.' I thought to myself and covered myself up with my Ankara wrapper and drifted off into dreamland.

I opened my eyes at 10:15 a.m to find that food was ready. Bunmi was grinning from ear to ear as she looked at me and saw disbelief in my eyes. I could not believe that I had slept for that long and that Rotimi could allow Bunmi to cook what we would eat that morning. He could at least wait till she became a 'regular'.
I asked of Rotimi and I was told that he had gone to have his bath. Bunmi herself was already dressed and she looked elegant in her new clothes. I never knew she had a change of clothing in her bag. It thought me a lesson; never underrate a woman or girl's bag, because you never know what is in it.

Rotimi came out minutes later dripping water all over the floor of the room. He gave her a peck and dressed up. I got up from the bed and took over the bathroom and had a hurried bath. I was so hungry that I could eat an elephant....

© Yettocome™ 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment