Translate

Monday 14 October 2013

Ade's Chronicle 4

Bunmi picked the phone at the third trial. “Hello,” She said. It was obvious that my friend had not given her his number which is one of our modus operandi.
“Hello Bunmi, it’s Rotimi. Where are you?” Rotimi said.
“Sir Rotimi, I am at home.” Bunmi quipped.
“Ol boy, you dey mad o! Something dey worry you. Ah ah! So the babe never know say we dey come, you come carry me dey fry inside this hot sun.” I was pissed as I said.
Rotimi laughed and slapped me on my back. “I wan take am surprise the babe. Sorry paddy mi.” He apologised as I smiled and that was the end.
He redialled Bunmi’s number which he had cut after my outburst. She picked again, this time at the first ring. “Hello sir, the network here can be frustrating at times. I am sorry sir. You were about telling me something before the line went dead.” Bunmi ranted on after picking the call.
“Yeah, I am at the bus stop you told me about. I mean the bus stop to your place.” Rotimi said.
Bunmi must have been elated on hearing that Rotimi was close to her house. That was what she had wanted all along, coming to our place and Rotimi visiting her for lots of rendezvous.
“Sir you mean you are at Moshalashi?” She asked the normal Nigerian way. Rotimi mused at this and muttered under his breath “No, at Oyingbo.” Before saying loudly to show his displeasure, “Just come to the bus stop and pick me or I go back to my house. The sun is smoking me up.”
Bunmi sensed his irritation. “I am sorry sir. It just surprised me a lot sir. I am already on my way sir. What are you wearing? I mean how do I spot you sir?”
Rotimi smiled before saying “Just come. When you get to the bus stop, call me and I will direct you to where I am. Be fast about it cos I am frying in this sun o.”
I looked askance at my friend. I don’t know what he had up his sleeves. I know him well but at times, he can be mischievous, so am I. We do things to surprise each other. What he had decided to do with Bunmi was beyond me then, but I know that with time I would know, hence, I decided to fold my arms and watch the unfolding drama.
As I was busy with my thoughts, my eye caught a smashingly pretty girl of about fifteen years. She was fair, five feet and some inches by my estimation, she was endowed in front and behind. Her hair was braided in the style called ‘Ghana Weaving’ and she was wearing a provocatively short black skirt. On it, she wore a green camisole. And her feet were enshrined in flat golden slippers.
My attention brought me back to the present. I raised my head to look at the beauty who had invaded the privacy of my thoughts and lo and behold, it was BUNMI!
I signalled to Rotimi who obviously had seen her too and whistled while saying “Ol boy ye! Uniform dey hide talent o! No wonder this girl wan kill you! She sef know wetin she worth o.!” Rotimi got the gist and laughed aloud, a sign that he agreed totally with what I had said.
She was not too far from us, so we could see her. She could not see us because she was busy dialling Rotimi’s number which rang immediately.  He picked it and told her to look straight ahead of her. She did, saw us and ran towards us. I got over my initial lustful admiration and watched as she hugged my friend tightly. She greeted me too and gave me a light hug. She feared me a lot because I had called her bluff once in the class when she was busy with another thing while I was teaching.
She only respected Rotimi, not fear, and from the findings we made, she had mulled before coming to meet Rotimi to be her ‘friend’.

Mine was on the way, I never knew. Bunmi had a plan for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment