Translate

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Ade's Chronicle 8

Ade’s Chronicle 8
Time goes fast when you are having fun. In no time, we were home and that began the long night for Rotimi and Bunmi. She was surprised at the heat that our room exuded. We only had a very fast ceiling fan but had no generator so she had to cope with the heat. It reminded me of the saying that what the dead sees in the grave, death brought it to him. So, it was not our fault that that was what we could afford and moreover we were better in status than most of our mates.
She took off her top to reveal a black camisole. She picked up the hand fan I had left before going out and started fanning herself. And come to think of it, it was in the evening and the sun had descended into its home, but the fury it left behind was still there though not as much as it was when the sun was still residing directly above our heads. Maybe because she was not used to such heat, only she could tell.
Rotimi encouraged her to be comfortable as he went into our kitchen or say kitchenette and came out with a bowl of rice. I said a bowl of rice because all the rice we had cooked that morning was put in a medium wash hand basin we used to make Eba. He brought three spoons because he knew we had not eaten all day and what we ate in Bunmi’s house couldn’t be called food. It was what Rotimi and I called deception because it leads to more hunger.
We all tackled the food with a renewed gusto. I was surprised that such a butter girl like Bunmi will be eating in the same bowl with pakos like us. But it shows that she can go to any extent to achieve her aim which you all know already. We ate the rice and the two pieces of meat that came with it. Rotimi was being lenient with Bunmi when it came to the meat sharing. He suggested that she took one piece while he and I share the other piece. I refused and went for a knife and divided the two pieces into three parts cutting a little of each piece. Bunmi was happy to eat the meat like that with us and we were happy to host her.
Time flew like no one’s friend and it was night. I never knew what Rotimi had planned for her. Our apartment had a balcony because it was on the second floor of a two storeyed building and I had been thinking of sleeping there. The almighty PHCN gave us light around eight p.m. so we all sat to watch television, the channel I cannot remember now.
Bunmi sat on the bed with Rotimi while I perched on one of the plastic chairs we had in the room. We all watched and laughed where necessary. We discussed the discussable and argued the arguable.
By nine p.m., it was time for the news. I tuned the TV to the federal government’s mouthpiece (NTA) to hear what the President has achieved. After the headlines, I tuned again to a more balanced AIT to hear another version of the same story that NTA had painted so well. This went on till half past the hour of nine.
All along, Bunmi had been talking about the headlines but suddenly she became quiet. I never suspected any foul play as I was engrossed in the news as was my practice. When the news was over, I turned to look at the couple who were seated on the bed and I was shocked to find the bed empty. They had gone out of the room and I never noticed. I scanned the room to see if my eyes were not playing a fast one on me, but I saw that they had truly ‘disappeared’ from the room and as well they went with the mat that we kept in a corner of the room. I knew where they would be.
I lay on the bed to sleep because I was not ready to disturb their ‘show’ for the second time that day, but a rumbling in my stomach reminded me that it had been hours I last ate something called food. I ran into the kitchen to boil water for making Eba. While that was on fire, I darted to the balcony to alert the lovebirds, sorry, lustbirds that I was about making Eba and also to know if they would be interested in it. I was shocked by what I saw.
Rotimi was already half naked while Bunmi was worse. The shout I had in my throat was forced back and the speed with which I came out was suddenly dead. They were locked in the hottest of kisses that I had ever seen. I already knew the answer to my question because they will definitely need food by the time they will be through with what they were doing. And I was not wrong afterwards!
I ran back to the kitchen to make Eba for three and warm the stew after which I settled down to tackle my own protin of the food with the biggest piece of meat in the pot. No be me send dem work. Abi na me?

After eating, I jumped on the bed to rest my head and knew not when the hands of sleep took me. Rotimi woke me around one o’clock, shouting for food....

No comments:

Post a Comment