Translate

Friday 18 October 2013

Ade's Chronicle 7

My hypocritical cough would have alerted them as I did not go in immediately, hence they would have rearranged themselves because when I got in, they were sitting apart like teacher and student. I heard Bunmi mutter something that I thought was directed to me and Rotimi smiled as he heard. I must have missed it during my eavesdropping act. What she said was, “Sir, I think we need to get someone for Sir Ade.”
My heart skipped a beat as I heard that I will have someone like Bunmi to myself. My conscience pricked me but let me tell you now that I am no saint. I also have a ready girlfriend who will become wife as soon as things permit. No problem let them bring her on and we shall see!
Bunmi excused herself for twenty minutes and came back with a steaming plate of rice and stew with lots of beef. She accompanied it with another two packs of orange juice. We wasted no time as we all tucked it in and ten minutes later, we were done with it.
Rotimi signalled our intention to go home and Bunmi again excused herself, this time for close to thirty minutes. She came out looking smashingly beautiful. Indeed, school uniforms hide the talents of teenagers.
I wondered why she was thus dressed but Rotimi helped out as he offered that she would be going with us to our place and might spend the night as well. She would call her mother and announce to her that she would be having a night reading session with one of her friends who lived in Yaba. “So fast!” I exclaimed. She looked at me as if that I am from outer space. It’s her funeral, let her bear it...........

© Yettocome™ 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment