Translate

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Ade's Chronicle 26



Ade's Chronicle 26
December 16, 2013 at 12:23pm
I was not that better off than Rotimi because I also sweating profusely as one who just faced the bakerman's oven. I was still sitting on the chair but it couldn't contain me again. I just don't know how I was still on the chair. It was all captivating.

Shola was still crying. Now, it had become a rain of tears as the floodgates of tears were opened and the waters flowing ceaselessly therefrom. It was a pitiable sight!

She continued recounting her tale,
''When I became ten years old, my step mother became extra nice to me. The reason was not known to me until one particular day.''
At this juncture, another round of tears were opened from the tap of endless tears from Shola's eyes. I was also so moved that I never knew when tears were flowing from my eyes. Rotimi got up sluggishly from the rug he sat on and went towards Shola. She made no attempt to stop him. He encircled his arms around her neck and muttered words of consolation. ''Sorry Shola,'' was all he kept saying as he shed tears of comaradarie.

After what seemed like ages, Shola got herself back and continued her story.
''One night, I was sleeping peacefully in my room. That room over there,'' she pointed to the door leading to the rooms.
''I was sleeping when I felt something creeping up between my legs. I thought I was dreaming till I could bear it no more and I woke up. I was startled to see my stepMum, Yinka, kneeling on my bed with her fingers probing my pubic region. I looked at her inquiringly but she smiled and put her index finger to her lips saying I should keep quiet. I asked her what it was but before I could protest her foolish and lame reply, she had pounced on me kissing and tearing the night dress I wore. I shouted but no one could help me. Dad had travelled. She had her way with me using one stick-like thing to prod my parts, I later learnt it was called a dildo. She used the thing too to satisfy herself as I sat crying on my bed. She later asked me to tell no one. She said if I do, she would kill me. That was how it became a regular occurence between my step mother and I and it went on for years. That was how I learnt about lesbianism but you know what guys? Deep inside me, I hated the act because I felt it wasn't natural and I enjoyed intomacy with men more than with females but it has been engrained in me that I just can't help but do it.'' She finally told us. Surprisingly, she did not cry again rather she smiled as she watched as we opened our mouths in disbelief.
''My stepmum was killed in a car crash with dad and her daughter along the Abuja-Lokoja road. I was in the University then. She had told dad to drive from Abuja to Lagos after a wekend holiday they had when I was in school. I was happy she died because she made me who I am today. And to make matters worse, her daughter too had learnt the act from her. Dad never knew till he died and you two will be the first people I will be telling since I was raped and inducted into the act. But I just don't know why I keep spreading it to young girls. I just feel it is natural to sleep with young people both boys and girls.'' She paused to drink water.
Then she said, ''Ade and Rotimi. I think I need help. I want to stop this act of peadophilia and bisexualism. Folake and the other girl are my partners but I am ready to ditch them if need be. I want a straight life. I want to be a model to the young girls. Bola, Bunmi and Bimbo are my current victims, I am ready to stop with them. Kunle and Dolapo are not that difficult to stop, I....... I just want to stop spoiling young children.''

With that, she burst into another round of tears. She was totally distraught and inconsolable. Rotimi and I now see that she was a victim of child abuse. She was a victim of circumstance. Who were we to have judged her?

We just looked on as she cried her heart out. Words escaped us. The task was a huge one. It was evident that she had been psychologically brutalised. Keeping such a secret for donkey's years was no child's play.

What to do to help her, we never know but she needs help. Even the victims she named too needed help and the task fell on nobody else but Rotimi and his friend, I, Ade.

We left her house after hours of consolation promising to give her a feedback on our plan of action the next day. Our phones had seventy three missed calls each. They were from Bunmi. She had got home and did not meet us. There and then, Rotimi knew we had to get a solution in earnest because he could not continue with the illicit act between him ane Bunmi. The one I was about to start too had to be nipped in the bud. Thank God, it is now three on three. Bunmi and co on a side, versus Shola, Rotimi and I on the other side. Folake and her friend too needed help. We ourselves needed outside help.

Twenty four hours was all we had to get a plan in progress, else we have to resign.

''Ol boy ye, this thing hard o!''

Rotimi burst into my thoughts as I tried to think out a way forward...


© Yettocome™ 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment