Translate

Thursday 12 December 2013

Ade's Chronicle 23

''I know you both hate me passionately due to what you have heard that I did. I did them truly but not without a reason. The reason might be flimsy, but I would love you to listen to me before you pass your final judgement on me.'' Shola continued.
''Who told you we heard anything about you? Or did we say anything to you about anybody reporting you to us?'' That was Rotimi. Smarting out of his anger.

''The Yorubas say that when a statement is yours, you will surely know it's yours. Ade and Rotimi, don't feed me, I can feed myself. Your countenance and attitude towards me since we met at the canteen speaks volumes of words and don't forget that I heard your conversation over the meal while I was coming out of the canteen. I am no kid, I no you had heard something and with your characters and antecedents in this school, I know that those girls had told you all that happened between us and moreover, you Ade had caught me thrice on that bed with my young boyfriends. I just want you to listen to me before you conclude over me.'' She begged.
She had said the truth. But I had not planned to confront her on the issue rather she had presented herself on a platter of gold to be devoured not only by me but by my trusted friend as well. It was time to play along, let's hear what pushed her into such shameful acts.
I had noticed something about me, when people have problems, I seem to have the perfect solutions to their problems. But when I become webbed in a dilemma, trilemma or any problem whatsoever, I find no solution to them on my own, rather, they just got solved some how. This is one of such. Shola had just helped me solve this and it is even more than what I would have done or wanted.

''I am Shola. The only living daughter and child of Chief and Mrs Orilowo.'' Her sonorous voice once again snapped me out of my reverie. There is still something I find irresistible about that voice.
''I as you know, am a paedophile. I do boys and girls under the age of eighteen. Presently, I have eight girls and five boys under me who I do things with. I was the one who taught Bola, Bimbo and Bunmi the act of bisexualism. I have my own boyfriend who is unaware of these acts of mine. I know you hate me, especially Rotimi and you would love to hand me over to the Police. But please wait before doing that.'' She confessed.

I looked into her eyes, they were heavy with tears but I was not moved by them rather they made me hate her the more even as she looked repentant.
Rotimi stood up from his seat. He paced around for a while before looking at her straight in the eye seeing the tears she was fighting not to shed. I saw my friend's hands clenched into a fist and before I could say Robinson Crusoe, he crashed his fist into Shola's face, 'Gba!'
''What are you telling me? Answer me! What are you telling me? You shameless bitch, you want to ruin the lives of young girls, you taught them the act of blackmail, you even sleep with young boys, yet you have the effrontery to stand in front of I and my friend and tell us trash! What the hell have you got to say? Speak or I will add to it for you! You are happy that you do bad things. Just thank God this is a school. Mtcheeeewwww!'' He poured out.

It was too fast and Shola did not have the chance of dodging it. I held Rotimi. I had known such could happen but I did not expect it that soon. That was the second time he would hit a girl since I had known him, the first being an insolent bimbo he beat up when we were in secondary school.
Rotimi was not remorseful about his action. Rather, he made to give her another of that deadly fist but I held him and made him sit down. I knew better than say anything to him.

Shola held her face where the well timed blow had caught her between her upper lip and nose. I walked to her having stepped back from the hit. I begged her and told her to go but she refused. She said, ''I deserve it and more, Ade. I know you too feel like punching me but you are just masking it. I fear you more than Rotimi, the worst he could do is physical assault. Yours could be worse. Leave me. And help me beg him to allow me finish my story in peace. After, he can then pummel me to death.''
I looked at my fuming friend and begged him with my eyes. He looked away.

The staffroom by then had become empty. The other staff members had gone home and we were the only ones left there. They had not alerted us of their exit and they had not witnessed the little incident. I was glad.

Shola looked at her watch. I looked at mine, it was well past three. As I made to talk, she held up her hand saying, ''Please let's leave here and go to my place or yours. My house is a stone's throw from here but if you aren't comfy with it, we could go to yours. I just need us to finish this today.''

That said, I walked over to Rotimi who reluctantly agreed that we walk to her house. With that, we told her to lead the way out of the room to her house where all her story would be heard...


© Yettocome™ 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment