Translate

Monday 30 September 2013

When I Cease...

September 8, 2013 at 1:43am
Tears raining
From the spring in my eyes.

Unspoken words
Choking my throat.

Thoughts
Infinitesimally giant
Splitting the guts in my brain...

The earth is not mine
But so it seems...

The leaves won't
Be forever green
The fauna won't
Forever shed skin.

Cos for sure
An end comes to all...

Injustice
Crime
Gluttony
Philandering
War...

Even...
... Charity
... Goodness
... Happiness
... Wealth
... Victory...
All shall cease...

But me...
Will I cease to exist?
Yes
No...

In people's minds
In their lives
In my deeds
In my records
Pure and untainted...
... Yes...

On the earth
In reality
On the field...
...No... I cease...

So why not I make
The Yes worth its while?
Why not build
My record stainlessly?

Since I shall cease
As shall do the earth
Just as chalk
On a classroom board...

No comments:

Post a Comment