Translate

Sunday 21 August 2016

The Triangle

The Triangle
Ten
When love comes into your heart the peace and experience of satisfaction you experience can only be compared to the feeling of maximum fulfillment. It is once in a lifetime feeling. Enjoy it whenever it comes your way…  – Anonymous…

Adeolu hit the sofa in his sitting room, where he had been since he finished eating. He looked at his unpacked plate of beans, which he had eaten and his clothes strewn all over the chairs and shook his head. They would definitely remain there till the following morning.
“There is nothing as enjoyable as the life of a bachelor,” Adeolu said as he drifted into a deep sleep with a smile dancing around his lips.

The night went so fast and before Adeolu could say Jack Robinson. He slept on the sofa and it was a nudge in his chest that woke him up at 7:30am. It was Sunday, the day his house cleaner would come.
He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and was still wondering what happened when he remembered that he had a date in church on that day. He needed to call Lola to know the time of the service but before then he needed to pack his clothes and the used plates out of the sitting room. He stood up from the sofa he was sitting on and packed the clothes and plates to where they should be – the kitchen and his room.
After convincing himself that the sitting room was a bit presentable to any August visitor on a Sunday morning, he began the search for his phones. It didn’t take him too long to find them – one was hiding in the sofa while the second one was on the floor under the centre table.
“Adeolu, oorun ti ba e je! (You are a careless sleeper),” he chided himself.
Adeolu really has a bad attitude when it concerns sleeping especially when he sleeps alone. He would sleep with his legs together and his hands folded under his head at night but he would wake up most times having scattered the bed sheets and throwing the duvet on the floor. His legs would be apart with one in the North and the other in the South. But when he sleeps beside people, the habit barely surfaced thus he preferred sleeping alone because he feels more refreshed and agile after waking from such sleeps as he had on that day.
He picked the phones and checked them one after the other for missed calls. He had none. His eyes caught the time on it, it was 7:55am. He still hadn’t called Lola. He said down on the nearest sofa and dialed Lola’s number.
“Hello Ade,” she said after picking on the first ring.
“Hello Omolola Awelewa, good morning. How was your night dear,” Ade began.
“Good morning Ade. My night was splendid and lovely. I slept like a baby immediately after your call last night. Thanks for yesterday. You really made my day. How was yours too?”
“It was nothing rather I should be the one thanking you for not thinking of me as a pest all through yesterday. I enjoyed every bit of the time spent with you and I pray it will remain thus. My night was awesome and lonely. I slept in my usual way but really I enjoyed it more than the others.”
“Hmmm. How is your usual way of sleeping o? I seem to be interested in it.”
“That is a secret you have to find out on your own but sha your interest is good. Let’s leave that. You sound as if you have been out of bed for long.”
“Yes dear. My Sundays begin at 6:30am when I go for exercise and do some road jogging. That takes an hour and from there I come back home to have my bath and a light breakfast then prepare for church.”
“That is why I called. When is church starting?”
“Church service has started since 7:00am. But there is a second service at 10:00am and another at 1:00pm. Then there is the evening service. The first service is for those who would travel later in the day but I prefer the second service because it is usually when the church is filled to capacity.”
“The second service it is! I was afraid you would have settled for the third service,” he intoned feigning seriousness.
“Third service!” she exclaimed.
“You need to see how tried I was looking when I tried attending one of such a couple of Sundays ago. I had overslept after my exercises that Sunday when all I intended was a nap. I got up around past 11 and I had to settle for the third service. It was interesting but really I sleet all through it. Probably because of the heat that Sunday or because I had to face a hell of a traffic before getting to church that day.”
Adeolu laughed and laughed. He was not the type for such boring services and situations when some people would have been returning from church only for him to say he is just going to church to attend his own service.
His eyes glanced at the gigantic clock gracing his wall and exclaimed. It was 8:20am. They had been talking for close to 30 minutes. He couldn’t believe it. He knew he would be ready and looking dap in 15 minutes but he needed to look dapper, so he needed 25 minutes for that. He also knew that for the service to be met at that 10 o’clock, he must release Lola at that time because women usually take longer time to get ready.
“Why did you shout like that? Hope nothing?” Lola asked.
“It’s the time o. I can’t believe that weve been on this for close to 30 minutes. We should get preparing now if we are to meet the service for that 10 and I know you will need at least one hour to get ready,” Adeolu replied smiling cheekily.
“I am not like every woman you know o. in the next 20 minutes I will be ready,” she said drawing another round of laughter from Adeolu.
“Okay. I will be picking you up in approximately one hour from now. Kindly send your address and let me do you the honour of driving us to church today.”
“Alright,” she said giving him the description.
“So my dearest, by 9:30am, I will be in your house by His grace and I am sure you will be waiting for me at your gate.”
“Yes dear. I will even call you before then,” she said ending the call.

Adeolu made another fast call to his housekeeper, who will be coming at 11:00am. He told her where the key to the house will be kept.
He also made a quick call to Layi intimating him of his movement. Layi was surprised and could bet a million dollars that his friend had found love.
“Adeolu, you are going to church? God is great. I think love is getting involved in all this finally.”
“Na lie. E go soon end and you go know say love no dey my dictionary. I don go sha. We will surely see today because she wants to meet you and I also want to meet her friend. After church sha, how everything go be, you go know as e dey go,” he said rounding off the call.

Layi was also heading to church. He looked into the sky and thanked God for the life of his friend. He prayed he should experience the sweetness of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment