Translate

Sunday 10 May 2015

Nigerian stars of the season


In this report, IDRIS ADESINA takes a look at some Nigerian footballers who have excelled in various parts of the world
Odion Ighalo (Watford)
Watford forward, Ighalo, is unarguably Nigeria’s best striker even though he spent this season at Championship side Watford. Ighalo, who joined the second-tier English side from Granada in La Liga, was the hero of The Hornets return to the English Premier League after an eight-year absence, notching 20 vital league goals.
Ighalo’s 20 goals helped Watford finish second on the log behind Bournemouth, but it was enough to secure the long-sought promotion to the topflight.
Being one of the most sought after strikers in Europe, the 25-year-old, in a recent interview with Sunday Punch, said he would take his time and check out the offers that come his way.
“I am a Watford player and I have a two-year contract with them. I just want to keep on working hard for the club. Sure, I know interests are coming in but that is for my agent. He has to ensure that things go well at the end of the season,” he said.
“Personally I just want to concentrate and help Watford, and then we will see what happens in the summer. But right now, I am happy at Watford, the fans like me and I don’t have any regrets.”

No comments:

Post a Comment