Translate

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Song of a gourmand






Song of a gourmand

I had just eaten a plate
When the dream fell in and off I went
To the plane of the astral realms
Followed the consumption...

Such is the power of
Of a meal so powerful
Yet intoxicating
That more and more you wish to consume...

Gulping and gourmandizing
The palatial plates placed before me
I dream of a better nation
Where food grew aplenty for all and sundry...

The meal of meals
Placed on tables of tables
Dressed in what-gods-know-not
But still as edible and colourful as it looks...

I eat and dream
Dream and wish
Wish that all my dreams come to pass
Pass and never end. In this foodly arena...

Once food is around
All dreams are realised
Food solves all problems
That dreams and wishes never solves...

No comments:

Post a Comment